Monday, June 7, 2010

Tweet, tweet

Have you ever noticed how much joy BIRDS can bring? We see all sorts of birds every day - cardinals,blue jays, chickadees, geese, ducks, seagulls, swans...and even hummingbirds! (Sure beats the pigeons of NYC!) We have a couple of bird feeders, but this year my husband had a genius idea: to put a bird feeder just outside our kitchen window. Not only do we all get uber excited to see a bird while enjoying our breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner...but it works marvelously at distracting the kids, redirecting them back to the table, summoning them, etc. LOVE it! And our sand/water table (now holding just rain water) makes a lovely bird bath :) Birds are all over our property. And while I might not appreciate their 5am wake up calls, I am delighted to share my land with them.

I'll try to take some pictures this Spring/Summer of ALL the different bird we see!

Go get a feeder and see how many bird you attract!!

No comments:

Post a Comment